Extreme Bubbles Inc. set the first World Record in the category of �Largest Free Floating Soap Bubble� on October 9th 2005.
Our record setting bubble was 105.4 cubic feet. If the big bubble was filled with water, it would weigh 3.2 tons!
We created the bubble using our proprietary solution, beeboo Big Bubble Mix,
used with a custom made two-handled big bubble wand similar in style to the Dip Stix wand.
Our World Record setting bubble. Check out more big bubble pictures at our Flickr site!
Read on for a brief summary of the History of Giant Bubbles and the artists and inventors who have helped shape the world of big bubbles. We love this topic so much that we�ve also written a very detailed blog post about it, here.
- In 1960 inventor Arthur Fulton was granted the first patent on a flexible loop bubble toy. His toy had a ribbon like loop attached to a long rod. This allowed the loop to be compressed and inserted into a small container of bubble solution, then expanded to open the loop and create a large bubble.
- In 1987 inventor David Stein was granted a patent on his toy, The Bubble Thing�. It also used a ribbon like loop attached to a long rod but with an improved mechanism to open and close the bubble loop. It also added a weight at the center bottom of the loop. With this device David started a worldwide fascination with giant bubbles and created the outdoor bubble sport.
- In 1988 David Stein went on to get the first World Record for the Largest Bubble Tube, 50 foot long.
- In 1986 inventor Kalvin Klundt designed the first giant bubble maker with two long handles, named Dip Stix�. He was later granted two US patents on his design. It used two long rods to support and control the flexible bubble loop and a unique round cord with a double coil. The loop absorbs and releases the large amount of bubble solution needed to create huge bubbles.
- In 1997 Alan McKay set a new World Record in 1997, for the Longest Bubble Tube using the two handled design. His Bubble Tube measured an incredible 113 feet.
- In 2005 Extreme Bubbles Inc. created a new World Record category, Largest Free Floating Bubble, and set the record with a bubble measuring 105.4 cubic feet.
Who will be the next world record holder? It could be you! Order Extreme Bubble products here.
The �History of Giant Bubbles� credited to Dip Stix™ inventor, Kalvin Klundt